- 4 crayfish
- half a bulb of garlic
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 125g butter
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 30g fresh parsley, finely chopped how many tbsp?
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Cut the crayfish in half. Clean, remove the vein, rinse and pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Season the garlic cloves with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the bulb in aluminum foil and roast until soft for about 10 minutes. Once cooked, squeeze the flesh out of the garlic.
- Place the garlic, butter, lemon zest, juice and parsley into a food processor and blend well. Spread the garlic butter evenly over the crayfish halves and braai them flesh side up and then down for about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve the crayfish with the remaining butter and the lemon wedges.
Wine Suggestion: Constantia Glen Sauvignon Blanc